Hotel Metro was well ahead of the “green” initiative when we opened the doors in 1998. Our guests receive environmentally-friendly stays with bamboo planking and cork public area flooring, gray-beige guest room carpeting made from recycled fibers, all-cotton sheets and architectural features made from reconstituted forest products and recycled glass.
Our green initiative is not only focused on the building, but guests’ and employees’ daily operations. Metro offers our guests use of our six Hampton Malibu Cruiser bicycles and eco-friendly amenities.
- Registered with the U.S. Green Building Council under their Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Existing Building – Operations and Maintenance (EB – 0&M) rating system.
- Complimentary bicycles available for guest use.
- Complimentary Metro cab is powered by soy certified biodiesel.
- Linen reuse program for multiple- night guests.
- Replaced incandescent light bulbs with florescent in guest rooms.
- Florescent lighting installed in basement – level parking.
- Installed motion sensor switches and digital set – back thermostats with variable fan speeds in guestrooms.
- Sustainable dish washing chemical and water monitoring practices.
- Installed high efficiency hot water heater using waste steam condensate.
- Office paper, toilet tissues, paper towels all made of 30% post consumer recycled content.
- Excess toiletry items, linens, furniture and other possible items are donated to local charities and shelters.
- A regular maintenance schedule is in place to find and repair leaky faucets, toilets, shower heads, and pipes.
- All of Hotel Metro’s guest rooms are non- smoking.
- Local fish, meat, and produce are purchased when possible.
- Carpet and adhesive are no VOC
Hotel Metro was the first hotel in Milwaukee to be certified by Travel Green Wisconsin. To learn more about this program and what it means for Wisconsin, please visit travelgreenwisconsin.com.